If you’ve lost your Browser’s toolbars and want to get them back, here are the simple steps to get the hidden or missing toolbars back in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, and Firefox.
How to get the hidden or missing toolbar back in Google Chrome
1. Open Chrome: Double-click on Google Chrome icon on your desktop to open it.
2. Exit from full-screen mode: If you’re using Chrome in full-screen mode then this will hide the toolbar. Use the following key to quit from the full screen:
• In Mac: Hover the mouse cursor at the top of the browser’s window, a green circle icon will appear in the left corner, click on it.
• In Windows: Press ‘F11’ button on your keyboard. If it does not work, press the button with ‘Fn’ key.
3. Open Chrome menu: Click the circle icon with three dots in the upper-right corner.
4. Go to More tools: It is given in the middle of the menu, hovers the mouse over it.
5. Open Extensions page: It is in the pop-out menu in the middle, click on ‘Extensions’ to open extensions page.
6. Find the toolbar: Scroll down and find the toolbar you want to use in your browser. If you don’t find it in the listed extensions, then you’ve to reinstall it.
7. Enable your toolbar: when you find the toolbar extension add it to your browser and check the box next to ‘Enabled.’ If you want to use the tool in incognito mode, then also check the box next to ‘Allow in incognito”.
After doing all these still you not get the toolbar back, enable ‘Show bookmarks feature.’
• Open Chrome menu > Go to Bookmarks > click on ‘Show bookmarks bar’ in the pop-out menu.
If your browser’s toolbar won’t work properly, then possibly this is due to the virus. Scan your computer with a working antivirus to remove the virus.
How to get the hidden or missing toolbar back in Microsoft Edge
1. Open Edge: Double-click on ‘Edge’ icon on the desktop or single click in the taskbar to open it.
2. Open Edge menu: Click the circle icon with three dots in the upper-right corner.
3. Open Extensions page: Click on ‘Extensions’ near the bottom of the menu to open extensions page.
4. Find the toolbar: Scroll down and find the toolbar you want to use in your browser.
5. Enable your toolbar: When the toolbar appears, click on it and then enable the switch.
Doing this will fix your toolbar back if more toolbars are hidden or missing click the ‘Back’ button and repeat the procedure to get them back.
How to get the hidden or missing toolbar back in Safari
1. Open Safari: Make sure to open the browser in normal mode. If it will automatically open in full-screen mode then hover the mouse cursor at the top of the browser’s window, a green circle icon will appear in the left corner, click on it.
2. Open View tab: It is in the top tabs menu, near the left side.
3. Click Show Toolbar: Is the in the View menu, clicking on it will bring your missing toolbar back. If instead of this ‘Hide Toolbar’ is appearing click on it and then click ‘Show Toolbar.’
If the URL field or tabs feature is also missing from here, you can also bring them back by clicking on ‘Show Path Bar’ for URL field and ‘Show Tab Bar’ for tab view.
Tips: In safari browser, you can also customize toolbar: If you want to customize yours, use the below steps.
• Open ‘View’ tab.
• Click ‘Customize Toolbar…’
• Drag the items from the menu.
• And drop in the toolbar.
Edward Lewis is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.