Modifying the level of brightness on a system is simple. And the best part is that it can be changed as many times the user wants.
The correct sequence of steps for modifying the level of brightness.
Method of changing the brightness
- Firstly, go to Notifications, and then the Action Center.
- Next, note that, over there, you’ll find a square box having the symbol of sun on it.
- After that, choose that option to change brightness level. It starts at 0% and can be extended to 100%.
- Select the brightness level that suits you the most.
- Then, do a right click on the brightness button in Action Center.
- Observe that an option of Go to Settings will get displayed on the screen.
- Choose it by doing a left click on it.
- After that, go through the advanced brightness settings and do changes in the level of brightness according to your preference.
Want to know about dynamic brightness setting?
Immediate below the bar for changing the brightness settings will be an option of ‘Change brightness automatically when lighting changes’ present after it. This enables the system’s webcam to sense the level of the light wherever you are working and manages the screen brightness accordingly.
- For instance, if you’re working under the bright sun and this option is turned on, then it will match the brightness level with it and make your screen brightness more bright.
- This reduces the strain on our eyes. However, if this feature annoys you, then you can even switch it off quickly.
Want to know about night light settings?
Just below the dynamic brightness setting is an option present for turning off/on the night light feature. The function of this feature is to decrease the level of blue light coming out of your system. This makes everything to look like an orange color. Many people say that blue light encourages people to work more by not letting them sleep. So at night, you should prefer decreasing the level of this option as much as possible.
What should be done with the given night light feature?
- Firstly, switch on the night light option.
- After that, press on night light settings.
- Then, you’ll observe ‘turn on now’ option. Tap on it to have the night light activated throughout the whole day.
- Immediately next to it, you’ll be able to see a colored bar. Move the line on this bar towards leftward or rightward to adjust the amount of orangeness and bluish that you would like to have in the screen at the time night light option is turned on.
- The last option will be night light schedule. Turn on a Schedule night light for the feature to turn on and off during the same time on a daily basis. Prefer sunrise to sunset to make the night light feature get modified at the time of its requirement throughout the whole day or choose set hours to adjust it every time by yourself.
Edward Lewis is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.