Fortunately, there are plenty of methods for downloading files onto our PC. For instance, by a cloud storage service such as Dropbox or else straight from someone’s server by FTP. Even with every such way present, most of the daily installation happens in the web browser. Whenever any downloading starts in the browser, the requested files are generally put in a default location on the hard drive after the migration is done.
It can be the operating systems’ Download folder. It can be the desktop or else some other place. Every browser has the capacity for changing this setting, letting the user tell correct location for every downloaded file. Go through the points mentioned below for changing the download location.
Use Google Chrome
- Firstly, choose the Chrome menu option, having the symbol of three horizontal lines and placed towards the upper right side of the window.
- Then, whenever the pull-down menu gets displayed, choose Settings. Note that Chrome’s Settings interface shall be shown in a new tab or else the window.
- After that, move downwards to the end of the display.
- Next, click on Advanced.
- Then, move downwards again till you get the Downloads part.
- The present place where downloaded files shall be shown, with the option titled as Change.
- After that, for changing the Chrome’s download location, choose this option and press the wanting location.
- Note that in the Downloads part, there must be an option titled ‘Ask where to save each file before downloading’. It is turned off by default. This is a setting that orders Chrome to ask you for landing spot every time whenever the download starts by the browser.
Use Safari OS X
- Firstly, choose Safari in the browser menu. It shall be placed at the top of the display.
- Then, whenever the pull-down menu gets displayed, choose the Preferences option.
- After that, press the General tab. If not selected by default.
- At the end of the window, there is an option titled as File download location. It shows Safari’s present file destination. For changing, choose the menu having this option.
- Next, whenever the pull-down menu gets displayed, choose ‘Other’.
- Then, go through the drive and folder which you wish.
- Lastly, press the Select option.
Use Microsoft Edge
- Firstly, go to File Explorer. There are plenty of methods for doing it. The easiest way is to put File Explorer in Windows Search bar. Whenever the results get displayed, choose File Explorer: Desktop app got in Best Match part.
- Then, do a right-click on the Downloads folder. It shall be in the File Explorer and shall be placed towards the left menu pane.
- Whenever the context menu gets displayed, choose Properties.
- Next, click on the Location tab.
- As soon as you get full satisfaction from the new downloads location, choose the Apply option.
- Lastly, choose the OK option.
Edward Lewis is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.