Apple doesn’t provide any easy way or a single button to get into the recovery mode. It needed a bit of practice or proper knowledge of steps to reach the recovery menu. Recovery mode has many uses like taking a backup, factory data reset, and downgrading from the latest to the previous iOS version. Apple devices have a bit trickier way to get into the recovery mode. But, today we are providing the full tutorial for how to access the recovery menu in any iOS device. Given below are the steps to get into the recovery menu.
1. Switch off your iOS device first, and then follow the below steps to access the recovery menu.
• With the devices having face ID, tap, and hold the top switch. Press -hold the down volume switch until the slide to power off shows, after that move your finger across the slider that appears after holding the volume button.
• If you are having an iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. then follow these steps: Press and the side switch until you see slide to power off on your device screen and after that move your finger in the slider.
• If you have an iPhone 7 or iOS device or devices with a home switch or iPods with touch models, then follow these steps. Hold the side or top switch unless you see slide to power off on your screen and after that, move your finger across the slider that you see after holding the buttons mentioned above.
2. Now plug your connector cable which you get along with your Apple device. Into your computer.
3. Plug the cable that comes along with your device into your iOS device such iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.
4. Our next step is to press the buttons in such a way that triggers the recovery mode, to push the keys accordingly follow the below steps carefully:
• If the device that you are using is an iPhone or an iPad, then press and hold the top switch until the recovery mode icon triggers.
• For iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, press and hold the side switch unless you see the recovery menu icon.
• For the devices that come under the bracket of iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus or iPhone touch then press and hold volume down switch unless the recovery mode icon appears on your device.
• This step is for iPhone 6s or older iPhone users. Hit and hold the side or the top button unless the screen shows the recovery mode sign on your device.
Wrapping it up
Now you have reached the recovery menu in your iOS device. Do the things that are safe to do. Don’t try to play with the recovery mode because it can harm your phone or tablet. Sometimes people brick their Apple gadgets by doing random things in the recovery menu. This mode can also wipe out all data that is precious for you, so never access to the recovery mode unless you have saved all the useful data in a safe place. Have a good day!
Edward Lewis is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.